So, in last week’s blog post, we announced that we’d shortly be resetting the Beta database. We now have a target date for that: Tuesday the 30th of April (revised from Monday the 29th). We’ll probably start work around 9am in Australia on that date. We’re not sure how long the game will be down for but, if all goes to plan, it will be back up in an hour or two. No promises though!
If you don’t happen to live in East coast Australia (AEST), here are some other times around the world for the reset:
- US East coast (EST): Mon 29 April, 19:00
- US CST: Mon 29 April, 18:00
- US West coast (PST): Mon 29 April, 16:00
- UK: Tue 30 April, 00:00
If you’re not in one of those time zones, I’m sure Google can help you!
To reiterate, here’s what’s going to happen:
- All existing Beta accounts will be reset to their starting values.
- From now on, in-game pizza purchases (in-game currency) will cost real money (via PayPal).
- Any pizza purchased from this date will be re-credited to you when we launch and reset again, as well as after any other database resets that happen during Beta.
- We will start to invite a lot more people into the Beta.
Note: we pushed the date back 24 hours.